InterOil Reports Positive Drilling Results at Antelope 4ST1 in PNG's PRL 15
InterOil Corporation reported Wednesday that wireline logging from the Antelope-4 sidetrack-1 well in Petroleum Retention License 15 (PRL 15) in Papua New Guinea has confirmed a southern extension of the Elk-Antelope field’s high-quality, gas-bearing dolomite.
The logs measured 597 vertical feet (182 vertical meters) of dolomite and a vertical gross gas column of about 1,112 feet (339 meters).
InterOil Chief Executive Dr Michael Hession said the field continued to surprise on the upside.
“First, we intersected the top of the reservoir 118 feet (36 meters) higher than the original Antelope-4 penetration,” Dr Hession said.
“Second, our interpretation of data from Antelope-4 and Antelope-5 suggests that the field-wide gas-water contact is deeper than previously interpreted.”
The PRL 15 joint venture intends to begin drilling Antelope-6 in December this year as part of the appraisal program to define the resource for the Papua LNG Project.
The joint venture is also considering an additional appraisal well on the western flank of the Antelope field that could add an incremental volume of 1 to 3 Tcfe (trillion cubic feet equivalent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)