PETRONAS FLNG2 Reaches Milestone with Keel Laying at SHI's Shipyard
Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) reported Friday that the PETRONAS Floating LNG2 (PFLNG2) takes shape as a construction milestone is achieved with the official keel laying of PETRONAS’ second floating liquefaction plant in Geoje Island, South Korea Oct. 28.
PETRONAS, together with JGC Group and SHI, the consortium leading the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning of the PFLNG2, commemorated the milestone with a ceremony held at the Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) Shipyard.
The PETRONAS delegation was headed by Vice President of Global LNG Projects, Adnan Zainol Abidin who was accompanied by Vice President & Venture Director of LNG Projects – Domestic, Abdullah Karim.
Also in attendance were Executive Officer of JGC Group, Shigeru Abe and Executive Vice President, FLNG Integration Project Management of SHI, J. C. Kim.
The keel laying signifies the formal recognition of the start of the mega construction phase of the PFLNG2 with a collective weight of 134,000 tons.
The second floating LNG facility for PETRONAS will make possible the liquefaction, production and offloading processing of natural gas in the Rotan field, 81 miles (130 kilometers) offshore Sabah. PFLNG2 with a capacity of 1.5 million tons per annum (mtpa), and designed for deep-water is expected to commission in 2018.
PETRONAS’ LNG business commands a significant international market share owing to three decades of experience and proven capability along the LNG value chain. PETRONAS is committed to preserving its reputation as a preferred LNG supplier, distinct for its quality and reliability.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
- JERA's New LNG Contract With Petronas Foretells Smaller, Shorter Deals (Oct 25)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: JGC more info
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- JGC Clinches $240M EPC Contract to Build Gas Processing Plant in Aceh (Apr 01)
- PETRONAS FLNG2 Reaches Milestone with Keel Laying at SHI's Shipyard (Nov 09)