Centrica Agrees to Award NCS Services Contracts to Aibel, Subsea 7
Centrica Energy has agreed to award services contracts to Aibel and Subsea 7 for projects on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The frame agreement with Aibel includes all field development projects by Centrica on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and has a duration of five years. Work on all project phases is included in this agreement, from various study phases and pre-engineering work to the entire execution phase of an assignment, including construction, installation and completion services.
President and CEO of Aibel, Jan Skogseth, commented in a company statement:
"We are very pleased to have Centrica as a new client, and we think they have established an exciting contract model. This is an interesting and extensive frame agreement, as it includes all phases for developing and executing a project." says President and CEO of Aibel, Jan Skogseth.
Subsea 7's long term agreement with Centrica to provide support throughout early phase concept engineering, FEED, SURF project execution and life of field operations, also has a duration of five years plus options for extension.
Monica Th. Bjørkmann, vice president of Subsea 7 Norway, commented in a company statement:
“The collaboration agreement with Centrica allows the parties to work together to optimise delivery by aligning drivers, objectives and processes to their mutual benefit. The agreement opens up a new way of working on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We believe this way of working will deliver differentiated and positive outcomes for all parties, providing cost effective, optimized technical solutions and earlier delivery of projects.”
Both Aibel and Subsea 7 will work on the Butch field development, with the latter services firm’s activities commencing immediately on the project with the execution of a FEED study.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Centrica Energy more info
- Centrica To Produce 30 Bcf Of Gas From Rough Site By 1Q 2018 (Aug 01)
- Oil Explorers Embrace the Sharing Economy to Drill Cheaper Wells (Jun 22)
- Centrica Agrees to Award NCS Services Contracts to Aibel, Subsea 7 (Oct 30)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)