Lundin Discovers Gas Offshore Malaysia

Lundin Petroleum AB announced Monday that its wholly owned subsidiary, Lundin Malaysia BV, has made a small gas discovery at the Mengkuang-1 exploration well in license PM307 offshore Malaysia.

The well targeted hydrocarbons in Miocene aged sands approximately 46 miles northwest of the Bertam field, which is operated by Lundin Malaysia. Mengkuang-1 was drilled using the West Prospero (400’ ILC) to a total depth of 4,130 feet below mean sea level. The well, which encountered almost 30 feet of gas pay in Miocene channel sands, has now been plugged and abandoned.

Lundin Malaysia holds a 75 percent working interest in PM307, with Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd holding the remaining 25 percent working interest. Lundin Malaysia operates blocks PM307, PM319, PM308A, PM308B, PM328 and SB307/308 in Malaysia.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  CNOOC to Drill 126 Exploration Wells i... (Jan 19)
 -  Sound Energy Looks to Buy OGIF's Asset... (Jan 19)
 -  Lundin's Development Expenditure to To... (Jan 19)
 -  CNOOC Commences Production from Enping... (Jan 18)
 -  Statoil Granted Drilling Permit for We... (Jan 18)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Geologist
Expertise: Geologist
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
United States Canonsburg: Service Manager
Expertise: Customer Service|WellSite Supervisor
Location: Canonsburg, PA
 
Drilling Engineer II Job
Expertise: Drilling Engineering|Petroleum Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53.92/BBL 2.79%
Light Crude Oil : $51.08/BBL 2.66%
Natural Gas : $3.3/MMBtu 3.22%
Updated in last 24 hours