Icon Offshore Bags Contract to Supply 2 AHTS Vessels to ExxonMobil
Malaysia’s Icon Offshore Berhad reported Friday that its unit Icon Offshore Group Sdn. Bhd. (IOGSB) has received a letter of award from ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Malaysia Inc. (EMEPMI) to provide two Anchor Handling Tug/Supply (AHTS) vessels, the firm said in a filing with local exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Under the $1.8 million (MYR 7.7 million) contract, IOGSB will deploy two AHTS vessels – Icon Zara and Icon Ikhlas – for the assignment and will to provide among others, transportation of supplies from supply bases to drilling rigs/platform and vice versa.
Icon Zara has commenced its service Sept. 30 for a period of six months, with ExxonMobil holding an option for a one month extension period, while Icon Ikhlas has begun work Oct. 1 for a period of three months.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: ICON Offshore Bhd more info
- Malaysia's ICON Posts Revenue of $12.8M in 1Q 2016, Down 18.5% YOY (May 27)
- Icon Offshore Clinches $5.2M Contract for Oil Major's Malaysia Operations (Dec 11)
- Malaysia's Icon Offshore Receives $12.1M LOA to Supply PSV to KPOC (Nov 25)