Beach Energy Commences Workover of Udacha-1 Well in Cooper Basin
Rawson Resources Limited reported Wednesday the commencement of workover activities of the Udacha-1 well in the Udacha license (PRL 26) in the Cooper Basin, South Australia. The Wild Desert-16 rig is expected to begin operations Oct. 21 to re-complete Udacha-1 in advance of a fracture stimulation and short flow test. A flowline will then be installed to connect the well into the nearby Middleton facility. It is anticipated that production should commence in early 2016.
The Udacha-1 well was drilled in 2006 and discovered wet gas in the Patchawarra sands. There are a number of currently producing fields surrounding Udacha and the development plan for PRL 26 will tie production back to the Middleton facility, which is operated by Beach Petroleum.
Should the Udacha-1 well meet expectations, planning for further drilling within the block will be undertaken by the joint venture.
Rawson Resources holds a 10 percent interest in the PRL 26 (Udacha) Joint Venture, alongside Beach Energy (15 percent - Operator) and Drillsearch (75 percent) and looks forward to updating the market as further results are available.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)
Company: Rawson Resources Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Flows First Gas from Udacha Field in Cooper Basin (Jul 11)
- Rawson's Unit Acquires Moira, Gains Stake in PPL 391 in Papua New Guinea (Jul 01)
- Papua New Guinea Awards Petroleum Prospecting License 549 to Rawson (Jun 30)