SBM Offshore Secures Browse FLNG Turret FEED Contract from Technip
The Netherlands' SBM Offshore N.V. reported Monday that France's Technip SA has awarded the firm a front-end engineering and design (FEED) contract for three, large-scale turret mooring systems associated with the proposed Browse Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Development offshore Australia.
The contract will cover three, large-scale turrets with designs similar to and slightly larger in size than the Royal Dutch Shell plc's Prelude FLNG turret that SBM Offshore was awarded in 2011 and whose last module was recently delivered from the construction yard in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Integration with the Prelude facility is currently ongoing at Samsung Heavy Industries' shipyard in South Korea.
"The Browse project will incorporate the lessons learned by Shell, Technip Samsung Consortium and SBM Offshore in the design and construction of Shell’s Prelude FLNG project in order to maximize efficiencies in replicating the Prelude FLNG solutions for the three Browse FLNG facilities," SBM Offshore said in a press release.
The proposed Browse project, operated by Woodside Energy Ltd. and located 264 miles (425 kilometers) north of Broome in Western Australia, is based on three FLNG facilities to develop the Brecknock, Calliance and Torosa fields in the Browse Basin. The project is subject to final investment decision targeted for the end of the FEED in the second half of 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)