Buru Encounters Mechanical Issues at Victory 1 Well in WA's Permit EP 457
Buru Energy Limited provided Thursday the following weekly update on drilling operations at the Victory 1 well in permit EP 457 in Western Australia as at 06:00hrs, Oct. 15 (AWST).
Since the last progress report, 5.5 inch (140 millimeter) casing has been run and cemented to 6,211 feet (1,893 meters). Subsequent to the casing job being completed, and prior to drilling ahead, mechanical issues were encountered with the casing and these are currently being remediated. It is expected this process will take at least another three days. The well will then be drilled ahead in 4.75 inch (121 millimeter) hole into the prognosed primary objectives.
Victory 1 is located in exploration permit EP 457, 115 miles (185 kilometers) east of Broome and 53 miles (85 kilometers) southeast of Buru Energy’s producing Ungani Oilfield. Equity and contributing interests in the well are as follows:
- Buru Energy: Equity Interest - 37.5 percent; Contributing Interest - 41.67 percent
- Mitsubishi Corp. (Mitsubishi): Equity Interest - 37.5 percent; Contributing Interest - 41.67 percent
- Rey Resources: Equity Interest - 25.0 percent; Contributing Interest - 16.67 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Bets on New US Turbomachinery Demand (Feb 17)
- Shell-Led Group Delays Decision On Canada Gas Export Plan (Jul 12)
- Japanese Banks Expand To Ranks of World's Biggest Energy Lenders (Jun 09)
Company: Buru Energy Limited more info
- Buru Updates on Resources Review for Canning Basin's Permit EP 371 in WA (Apr 19)
- Buru Reports Encouraging Testing Ops Results at Ungani Far West 1 Well (Mar 15)
- Buru Updates on Testing Ops on Ungani Far West 1 Well in Canning Basin (Mar 10)
Company: Rey Resources Ltd. more info
- Oil Basins Quits as Derby Block Operator, 2 Directors Lose Executive Roles (May 31)
- WA Court Orders OBL to Resign as EP487 Operator in Canning Basin (May 27)
- WA DMP Approves Pilot Energy's Acquisition of Stake in EP437 Permit (Apr 20)