Rosneft Seals $55M Deal for Petro Rio's Stake in Brazil's Solimoes Project
Russia's Rosneft announced Tuesday that its 100 percent subsidiary Rosneft Brasil has closed a transaction to acquire Petro Rio S.A.'s 55 percent stake in the Solimoes project in Brazil after receiving formal approval from the Agencia Nacional do Petroleo, Gas Natural e Biocombustiveis – Brazil (ANP).
The finalization of the $55 million transaction will enable Rosneft Brasil to take full control and operatorship of the Solimoes project.
"The acquisition of the remaining interest in the Solimoes Project will allow Rosneft Brazil to continue the exploration program in frontier areas, focused on oil opportunities, and advance joint work with Petrobras on the monetization of proven gas resources. Planning will now start on the commencement of operations before 2015 is out," Rosneft said in the press release.
The Solimoes project is spread over 16 license blocks and cover an area of around 16,023 square miles (41,500 square kilometers).
The blocks contained 11 discovered accumulations of hydrocarbons, which D&M estimated to hold 717 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe) of 3C contingent resources (of which 95 percent is natural gas) and prospective oil and gas resources of 1, 005 million barrels and 800 boe, respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Rosneft more info
- US Transparency Reversal Stings Canadian, European Oil Firms (Feb 03)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)
- Rosneft Makes Discovery at Wild Orchid Gas Condensate Field Off Vietnam (Aug 12)