North Energy Sells Barents License Stake to Pure E&P
Norwegian junior explorer North Energy ASA announced Monday that it has sold its 10-percent interest in PL 706, a Norwegian production license covering the Barents Sea, to Pure E&P Norway AS.
North said that the deal is part of its strategy to focus on enhancing cost efficiency and optimizing its license portfolio.
Following the closing of the transaction, the licensees in PL 708 will comprise operator Lundin Norway AS (40 percent), Lukoil Overseas North Shelf AS (20 percent), Edison Norge AS (20 percent), Lime Petroleum Norway AS (10 percent) and Pure E&P Norway AS (10 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: Edison more info
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
- Edison Looks to Sell Part of Egypt's Abu Qir Field (Jan 14)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)