Bowleven Appoints New Non-Executive Chairman
Africa-focused oil and gas exploration company Bowleven plc announced Wednesday that it has appointed ex-ASCO ltd chairman William MacDonald Allan as its new non-executive chairman.
Allan will assume the role from the conclusion of the company’s 2015 annual general meeting on December 16. He will replace Ronnie Hanna, who will retire from the Bowleven board on conclusion of the AGM, having served as non-executive chairman since 2006. As well as serving as chairman of the international oil support services group ASCO, Allan was previously ASCO’s CEO for eight years. Prior to joining ASCO he was the divisional managing director at Alfred McAlpine plc.
Ronnie Hanna, chairman of Bowleven, commented in a company statement:
“I am delighted that Billy Allan should succeed me as chairman. His experience in leading international businesses will be invaluable as Bowleven progresses into the next stage of its development.”
Bowleven’s future non-executive chairman William Allan, said in a Bowleven statement:
“I am excited by the growth opportunities available to Bowleven and I look forward to working with Kevin Hart [Bowleven CEO] and the entire board on the next stage of the group’s development.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Bowleven Appoints New Non-Executive Chairman (Oct 07)
- Statoil Awards Mariner Supply Contracts to Asco UK (Feb 26)
- ASCO Awarded Contract Extension from Perenco (Apr 07)
Company: BowLeven more info
- Bowleven Granted 1 Year Extension to Bomono License Onshore Cameroon (Apr 22)
- Kenya Set for Busy Year in Oil, Gas Exploration (Apr 01)
- Bowleven Completes Flow Tests on Bomono Wells Onshore Cameroon (Jan 08)