Perisai Farms-Out Contract for Perisai Pacific 101 Jackup to Hess
Malaysia's Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd reported Friday that its 51 percent subsidiary Perisai Offshore Sdn Bhd has reached an agreement with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) -- the upstream division of national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) -- and HESS Exploration and Production Malaysia BV to farm-out the contract for the jackup Perisai Pacific 101 (400' ILC) to the latter.
The farm-out, costing $26.9 million, commenced Sept. 23 and will cover a duration of nine months, with HESS holding an option to extend the deal for another one month. The Perisai Pacific 101 jackup will be reassigned to PCSB to support its operations after the expiry of the farm-out to HESS.
"All conditions relating to the disclosure of the Farm-Out has been secured today," Perisai Petroleum Teknologi said in a filing with local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Perisai Offshore clinched a three year $158 million contract from PCSB to supply Perisai Pacific 101, which was built by PPL Shipyard Ltd. in Singapore, in April 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd more info
- Bondholders of Malaysia's Perisai Reject Extension of Maturity Date (Oct 04)
- Malaysian Banks Brace For Profit Hits As O&G Firms Restructure Debt (Sep 26)
- Malaysia's Perisai Gets 6 Months Charter Extension for FPSO Perisai Kamelia (Aug 22)