Ichthys LNG Project Launches CPP at SHI's Geoje Yard in South Korea
Inpex Corporation announced Thursday the Inpex-operated Ichthys LNG Project safely launched its central processing facility (CPF) Sept. 19 from the offshore floating dock at the Samsung Heavy Industries shipyard in Geoje, South Korea, where it is being constructed.
Inpex President Director Australia Seiya Ito said the successful launch was one of the Project’s most significant achievements.
“To see this enormous facility in the water is a testament to those who have worked for years to make it a reality,” Ito said. “This milestone is a clear demonstration that the Ichthys LNG Project is making good progress and that we are working in an excellent spirit of cooperation with our Korean contractors.”
Managing Director Ichthys LNG Project Louis Bon expressed his congratulations to the Project and contractor teams for the excellent result.
“The operation was completed within two days in the safest conditions,” Bon said. “The CPF is now berthed quayside at the shipyard where work is continuing to lift and install the living quarters and integrate and commission all equipment in preparation for the CPF’s sail away. All teams are working together in a very efficient manner to achieve our next targets.”
Once completed, the CPF, which the Project began constructing in January 2013, will be towed 3,480 miles (5,600 kilometers) to the Ichthys Field in the Browse Basin, offshore Western Australia, where it will be permanently moored for the life of the Project – more than 40 years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)