FAR Commences Senegal 3D Seismic Survey with JV Partners
FAR Limited announced Thursday that it has commenced a new 3D seismic survey, with its joint venture partners, over the Sangomar Deep, Sangomar and Rufisque permits, located offshore Senegal.
The survey, which will cover 1,005 square miles, is described by FAR as being an integral part of the joint venture’s evaluation program of the three permits. This evaluation program includes three wells that are expected to start in the fourth quarter of 2015, according to FAR. Two appraisal wells will be drilled on the SNE discovery and the Bellatrix prospect will be evaluated with an exploration well.
Data acquisition from the survey is expected to be completed in 4Q 2015 and final processed products will be delivered in mid-2016. FAR’s joint venture Senegal partners include Cairn Energy, ConocoPhillips and Petrosen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Petrosen more info
- ConocoPhillips Confirms FAR Holds Pre-Emption Right for Senegal Project (Aug 23)
- Kosmos Energy Makes 'Significant' Gas Find Offshore Senegal (Jan 27)
- SNE Appraisal Program Offshore Senegal Continues with SNE-3 Drilling (Jan 19)
Company: FAR Limited more info
- FAR: SNE 5 Appraisal Well Spuds Offshore Senegal (Jan 23)
- FAR Refutes Claims that it cannot Farm Into Djiffere Block (Dec 01)
- Two Appraisal Wells to be Drilled at SNE Field in 2017 (Nov 25)