MODEC Bags FSO Supply Contract from Maersk Oil for Culzean Field
Japan's MODEC, Inc. reported Wednesday that it has signed a contract with Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited to supply a Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessel for the Culzean development project in the North Sea.
Under the contract, MODEC will provide the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the FSO, while its subsidiary SOFEC, Inc. will design and supply the Internal Turret mooring system. The FSO will be equipped to receive 25,000 barrels of condensate per day and stored up to 350,000 barrels.
Delivery of the floating facility to Maersk Oil UK is targeted for the first half of 2018, when it will be deployed at the Culzean field approximately 145 miles (233 kilometers) off the coast of Aberdeen in water depth of around 295 feet (90 meters).
"We are very honored to be awarded the contract for supply of the FSO by Maersk Oil. This new contract represents a significant milestone for MODEC in gaining entry into the important North Sea oil and gas industry,” Toshiro Miyazaki, president and CEO of MODEC said in the press release.
Partners in the Culzean field are Maersk Oil UK (operator), JX Nippon Exploration & Production (UK) Limited and BP plc.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)