Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announced Thursday that it has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for well 7220/11-3 A, which is located in production license 609.
Well 7220/11-3 A, which will be drilled from the Island Innovator (mid-water semisub), is the fifth wildcat well to be drilled in the license. The permit is contingent upon Lundin having secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling starts.
Lundin is the operator of PL609 with a 40 percent interest. Idemitsu Petroleum Norge AS and RWE Dea Norge AS both hold a 30 percent interest in the license.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Idemitsu more info
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)
- Aker Secures FEED Deal from Idemitsu for Blocks 05-1b, 05-1c Off Vietnam (Jul 12)