Aker Appoints Ex-Petrobras E&P Director
Aker Solutions announced Thursday that it has appointed ex-Petrobras exploration and production director Jose Formigli to its innovation board and as an adviser for overall strategic decisions.
Formigli began working for Petrobras in 1983 and was appointed director of E&P in 2012, before stepping down from the position earlier this year. While supervising all domestic E&P activity for the company, Formigli oversaw a five percent increase in output, an annual reserve replacement of more than 100 percent and a gain in operational efficiency of more than ten percent. As a member of the Aker innovation board, Formigli will advise on the company's strategic direction for its research and investments.
Commenting on the company’s new appointment, Aker Solutions Chief Executive Officer Luis Araujo said in a company statement:
"Jose is extremely capable and knowledgeable and will provide invaluable advice in guiding our technological and strategic direction. We are delighted to have him join our team. His input as a former operator and strong track record in the offshore and deepwater market will be of immense value."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)