Yolla-5 Well Start-up Boosts Production of Australia's BassGas Project
AWE Limited, a 35 percent joint venture partner in the BassGas project in Permit T/L1 in Bass Strait, offshore Austraila, reported Tuesday that the Yolla-5 development well has been successfully tied-in to export facilities on the Yolla platform and production from that well has commenced.
The Operator is monitoring well performance to achieve optimal co-mingling with production from the existing Yolla-4 well and the Yolla-6 well, which was brought online in July. The early combined production rate from the BassGas facilities has now increased to approximately 64 terajoules (TJ) per day following the addition of the Yolla-5 and Yolla-6 wells.
AWE Managing Director, Bruce Clement, said that completion of the new wells and restarting full production was a significant milestone for the BassGas project.
“The addition of the Yolla-5 and Yolla-6 development wells will now provide increased stable longer term production capability, and a greater level of well redundancy,” he said.
“The joint venture is now turning its attention to the tie-in and commissioning of the gas compression and condensate pumping modules on the Yolla platform, work that is expected to take approximately 18 months to complete,” Clement said.
The jackup, West Telesto (400' ILC), is currently being demobilised and, when released, the development drilling phase of the BassGas Mid Life Enhancement project will be complete.
The BassGas project consists of the Yolla offshore well head platform connected by pipeline to the gas processing facility at Lang Lang, Victoria. The Yolla platform is located in Bass Strait, approximately 87 miles (140 kilometers) offshore from Kilcunda, Victoria.
The BassGas Joint Venture partners in T/L1 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) - 35.00 percent
- Origin Energy Resources Limited (Operator) - 42.50 percent
- Toyota Tsusho Gas E&P Trefoil Limited - 11.25 percent
- Prize Petroleum International Pte. Ltd. - 11.25 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)