Russia's Rosneft Says China's COSL to Drill Offshore Oil Wells
MOSCOW, Sept 2 (Reuters) - China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL) will drill two offshore exploration wells for Russia's Rosneft, the Kremlin-controlled oil giant said on Wednesday, as it is trying to overcome restrictions related to Western sanctions.
Rosneft said COSL will make two exploration wells for its joint project with Norway's Statoil in the Far Eastern Sea of Okhotsk in 2016.
The operations have not been restricted by the Western sanctions, though Rosneft has been at difficulty to attract foreign partners and funds.
The sanctions are related to shale oil, deep sea and Arctic offshore projects. Last year, ExxonMobil had to withdraw from a joint project with Rosneft in the Arctic.
Rosneft said COSL will use Nanhai-9 rig to drill two wells in areas with water depths of less than 150 meters.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; editing by Louise Heavens)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
Company: China Oilfield Services Ltd (COSL) more info
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)