Oil & Gas UK Appoints 4 New Board Members
Oil & Gas UK, the representative organization for the UK offshore oil and gas industry, announced Tuesday four new appointments to its board.
Alan Corbett, managing director at Bristow Helicopters, will represent the aviation sector on the board, replacing Richard Mintern of Babcock International Group. Dominic Macklon, president UK for ConocoPhillips, will represent the operator community on the board, as will Ray Riddoch, managing director and senior vice president Europe of Nexen Petroleum UK. Macklon replaces David Chenier of ConocoPhillips, following his relocation to the US, and Riddoch replaces Archie Kennedy, who formerly held the role of treasurer and retired from Nexen in July. Existing board member, Chevron Upstream Europe Limited’s managing director Craig May, has taken over the role of treasurer.
Deirdre Michie, Oil & Gas UK’s chief executive, commented in an organization statement:
"Our industry is challenged by the low price of oil, and high cost of operating, and efforts are strongly focused on making the changes required to restore competitiveness in this new business environment. We at Oil & Gas UK are very fortunate to have the guidance of a talented board. I would like to take this opportunity to thank those leaving the board for their commitment and service to the industry and I look forward to drawing on the experience and guidance of the new directors to strengthen the prospects for businesses in this sector. I believe that by working together, this industry will become more efficient, safer and sustainable in a world of lower oil prices."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Bristow Helicopters more info
- Oil & Gas UK Appoints 4 New Board Members (Aug 25)
- Helicopter Operators Set For Take-Off As Oil Drilling Picks Up (Jun 03)
- New AgustaWestland Helicopter to be used for North Sea Ops (Aug 06)
Company: Oil & Gas UK more info
- Shell Submits Brent Decom Plans, Launches Public Consultation (Feb 08)
- UK Operators Moving to Simplify Legal, Commercial Offshore Practices (Dec 13)
- Survey: Collaboration is Crucial for Future Success in North Sea (Dec 05)