China's BGP Commences 3D Survey for KOC in Kuwait Bay
China's BGP Inc., a unit of China National Petroleum Corp., reported that it has commenced a 3D transition zone survey for Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) Aug. 8.
The project covers 965 square miles (2,500 square kilometers). It is also an extremely challenging project as the survey will cover most of inhabitant areas of Kuwait city and Kuwait Bay with varied topographies intertwined with densely populated metropolis, desert, muddy wetland, uninhibited district, along with deep and shallow water areas. Multiple types of seismic sources used in this project will be vibroseis, explosives, shallow and deep air gun sources.
BGP is one of the world’s leading geophysical service companies, delivering a wide range of technologies, services and equipment to the oil and gas industry worldwide. We are engaged in seismic data acquisition, processing, interpretation, reservoir geophysics, borehole seismic, micro-seismic, GME and multi-client surveys, equipment manufacturing and software R&D (research and development).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Weir Oil & Gas Secures KOC Wellhead Contract (Nov 07)
- Amec FW Clinches KOC's FEED Contract to Upgrade OGC in Kuwait (May 27)
Company: BGP more info
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)