Seabed Solutions Bags $125M Deal from ADNOC for Ghasha-Butini Field Survey
Fugro, the Netherlands-based geotechnical, survey, subsea and geoscience service provider, disclosed Monday that Seabed Geosolutions -- its joint venture with France's CGG -- will soon mobilize for the variation order that was signed today by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) with CGG to conduct a shallow water seabed survey. The survey is over the Ghasha-Butini field, located offshore the United Arab Emirates, will take around 12 months and has a value of around $125 million. The recent successful completion of the Hail-Shuweihat survey has promoted this variation order, confirming ADNOC’s confidence in Seabed Geosolutions’ ability to operate safely and efficiently.
In addition, Seabed Geosolutions has mobilized for an ocean bottom cable survey in Asia Pacific with a value of approximately $55 million. This survey is expected to be finished in the fourth quarter of 2015.
In the current challenging market, with severe pressure on oil companies’ exploration and production spend, these new contracts highlight how Seabed Geosolutions’ seabed seismic services enable its clients to collect seismic data for mature exploration, field development and enhanced production in areas with potential for low cost oil and gas production.
Seabed Geosolutions was formed in February 2013 as a joint venture between Fugro and CGG. It collects geophysical data on the seabed through an array of imaging technologies for oil and gas companies, with a focus on the development and production phases of oil and gas fields.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: CGG more info
- French Oil Services Firm CGG Files For Bankruptcy (Jun 14)
- CGG Wins DPC Contract in Brunei (Feb 21)
- CGG Looks to Achieve Financial Restructuring (Jan 05)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC) more info
- Middle East Oil Producers Turn to Crude Trading to Boost Incomes (Sep 29)
- Statoil Among Firms Seeking Stakes in Abu Dhabi Offshore Blocks (Sep 25)
- Abu Dhabi's Adnoc Is Said to Consider IPO for Shipping Business (Sep 21)