Total Starts Production from Dalia Phase 1A Offshore Angola
Total announced Tuesday that it has started production from Dalia Phase 1A, a new development on the offshore operated Block 17, located 83 miles off the coast of Angola.
The Dalia Phase 1A project involves the drilling of seven infill wells tied back to the Dalia Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) unit. The project will develop additional reserves of 51 million barrels and will contribute 30,000 barrels per day to Block 17’s production, according to Total.
Total President Exploration & Production Arnaud Breuillac commented in a company statement:
“The Dalia FPSO came on stream nearly nine years ago and with the addition of Phase 1A will still produce around 200,000 barrels per day. It is the latest milestone in the success story of Block 17, Total’s most prolific license with cumulative production reaching two billion barrels in May 2015. Dalia Phase 1A demonstrates Total’s commitment to maximizing value through the optimal use of existing facilities. These types of profitable satellite tie-back developments play an important role in maintaining production levels and generating additional free cash flow for the group.”
Total operates Block 17 with a 40 percent interest alongside Statoil, which holds a 23.33 percent interest, Esso Exploration Angola Block 17 Ltd, which holds a 20 percent interest, and BP Exploration Angola Ltd, which holds a 16.67 percent interest.
Through Blocks 17, 0 and 14, Total’s equity production reached 200,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2014. The company’s operated production exceeded 700,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2015, making it Angola’s leading oil operator.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)