North Atlantic Drilling Secures Extension for West Phoenix Rig
Rig operator North Atlantic Drilling announced Friday that it has been awarded a contract extension for the West Phoenix (UDW semisub) rig by Total E&P UK.
The extension will start in mid-March 2016 and will last until the end of August. It will be worth an additional $62 million to NADL. During an anticipated idle period for the rig, beginning September 2015 until March 2016, the company will be able to market it for alternative work.
As part of the agreement to extend the West Phoenix, NADL has agreed to a day rate reduction on the current contract effective from June 1, 2015 until its expected conclusion at the end of August 2015, resulting in a reduction to the remaining revenue potential of approximately $16 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)
Company: North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Jurong Shipyard, NADL Reach Standstill Agreement for West Rigel Semisub (Dec 03)
- Rig 'Graveyard' Looms as Statoil Cuts North Sea Drillers Loose (Nov 03)