BG Commences Oil Production from Mukta-B Platform in India's Bombay Basin
BG Group reported Wednesday that its subsidiary BG India has commenced oil production from the Mukta-B (MB), a 4 legged Wellhead Unmanned Platform in the offshore Bombay basin, India July 1.
BG has a 30 percent interest in the Panna-Mukta oil and gas fields alongside our partners, ONGC and Reliance Industries Ltd.
The MB and MA pipelines have also been successfully completed as part of the project, enabling a restart of production from the MA platform, which had been shut-in due to pipeline integrity issues for the last 2.5 years.
The project clocked more than 2 million “LTI (Lost Time Incident) free” man-hours and has several firsts to its credit, including the use of green technology involving hybrid solar panels and wind turbines for self-sufficient power, remote monitoring facilities for process optimisation and VOIP protocol for better communication.
Shaleen Sharma, president & managing director, BG India said, “This is a significant milestone for BG India and the culmination of an integrated team effort by all functions and contract parties.”
Incremental development of the existing fields via well intervention and infill drilling campaigns, as well as evaluating new projects and further development opportunities, is being planned.
BG India has upstream interests in three offshore producing fields, two exploration licences and has contracted long-term liquefied natural gas (LNG) sales into the fast growing Indian gas market.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Reliance Industries more info
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)