Minister: Indonesia Expects Total to Make Decision on Mahakam within Days
JAKARTA, July 3 (Reuters) – French oil firm Total will decide how much interest it will retain from 2018 in Indonesia's offshore Mahakam oil and gas block over the next two days, the country's energy minister said on Friday.
From Jan. 1, 2018, state energy company Pertamina will take over as operator of Indonesia's top gas producing field from Total. But it is not yet clear how Total and other partner Japan's Inpex, will split the 30 percent stake that Indonesia has proposed they share.
"Inpex has said they are ready to continue no matter what portion (they get)," Energy Minister Sudirman Said told reporters.
(Reporting by Jakarta bureau; Writing by Fergus Jensen; Editing by Tom Hogue)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)