LTHE Bags $426M Contract for India's Bassein Development Project from ONGC
Larsen and Toubro Ltd. reported Wednesday that its wholly owned subsidiary L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering Ltd. (LTHE) bagged a $426.26 million (INR 27.15 billion) engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) contract for the Bassein Development Project in western offshore basin, India from the country's state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. (ONGC).
Workscope under the contract covers the provision of a new process platform having gas processing and compression facilities, one nine-slot well head platform, topside modification on existing platforms, associated subsea pipelines and one living quarter platform.
The project, part of ONGC's plan to extend the field life and increase recovery from the Bassein field, is targeted for completion in December 2017. Cumulative production from the field till 2027-28 is estimated at 690.68 billion cubic feet or Bcf (19.56 billion cubic meters or Bcm) of gas, 69.56 Bcf (1.97 Bcm) of condensate and 14.46 million barrels (1.83 million tons) of oil.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Larsen & Toubro more info
- LTHE Sees India Investing $5B in Offshore Upstream Sector Over 5 Years (Aug 16)
- GE, LTHE Ink MOU to Manufacture Subsea Manifolds for India's DW Projects (Aug 12)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)