Wintershall Says in Talks to Join Nord Stream Expansion Plan
FRANKFURT, June 19 (Reuters) – BASF's oil and gas subsidiary Wintershall is in talks about joining an expansion plan for Gazprom's Baltic Sea gas pipeline called Nord Stream, a spokesman said on Friday.
"We are in discussions about joining for a further two lines of the Baltic Sea pipeline," said a spokesman for the Kassel-based company.
Russia's Gazprom said on Thursday it had agreed to build lines 3 and 4 to Germany with a trio of Western energy companies - Anglo-Dutch Shell, Germany's E.ON and Austria's OMV.
These are designed to transport an additional 55 billion cubic metres (bcm) of gas by the end of 2019.
Wintershall is a shareholder in the consortium for the existing pipeline with two strands, which currently has 55 bcm capacity, and it has been exploring and transporting gas to Europe together with Gazprom since 1990.
(Reporting by Vera Eckert, editing by Georgina Prodhan)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: E.ON more info
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
- Premier Oil to Acquire EON's UK North Sea Assets (Jan 13)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)