Lundin Spuds 16/4-9 S Exploration Well in North Sea
Lundin Petroleum announced Wednesday that its wholly owned subsidiary, Lundin Norway, has spud the 16/4-9 S exploration well on the Luno II North prospect, located in the North Sea.
The planned total depth of the well, found in the PL359 license, is approximately 8,169 feet and drilling will be undertaken by the Bredford Dolphin (MW semisub). Lundin estimates the Luno II North prospect to contain gross unrisked prospective resources of 24 million barrels of oil equivalent. Luno II North is adjacent to the Luno II discovery, which has an estimated contingent resource range of 27 to 71 MMboe, according to Lundin.
Drilling operations at 16/4-9 S are expected to take approximately 50 days. Lundin Norway is the operator of PL359 with a 50 percent working interest. OMV (Norge) AS holds a 20 percent interest and Wintershall Norge AS and Statoil Petroleum AS both hold a 15 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)