Alam Maritim Lands $13M Subcontract for PETRONAS' PFLNG 1 Facility
Alam Maritim Resources Berhad reported Friday that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alam Maritim (M) Sdn Bhd, recently entered into a subcontract with Petronas Floating LNG 1 (L) Ltd. (PFLL), an arm of Malaysia's national oil and gas company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
Under the $13 million (MYR 49 million) subcontract with PFLL, Alam Maritim will undertake engineering, procurement, installation and related activities for the floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) Offshore Works – Mooring System Installation (Package No. 1) from May 20 to Sept. 15, the firm said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Work on the Petronas Floating Liquefied Natural Gas 1 (PFLNG1) facility, currently under construction in Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) shipyard in Okpo, South Korea, is scheduled to be completed in the fourth quarter of this year. When ready, PETRONAS said PFLNG1 will be deployed to the Kanowit gas field, 111 miles offshore Sarawak, Malaysia, where it will produced 1.2 million tons of LNG per year.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Alam Maritim Resources Bhd. more info
- Alam Maritim Bags $6.8M PETRONAS' Subcontract for PFLNG1 Facility (Jun 02)
- Alam Maritim Lands $13M Contract to Provide Workboat to PETRONAS Carigali (Mar 15)
- Alam Maritim Bags EPCIC Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for TCOT Project (Dec 02)