Buru Energy: No Major Hydrocarbons at Olympic 1 yet, Drilling Continues
Buru Energy Limited announced Thursday that significant hydrocarbons are yet to be found at the Olympic 1 exploration well, located in permit EP473 in Western Australia.
The well has been drilled to 3,690 feet, with wireline log interpretation confirming no significant hydrocarbons in the Willara Formation objectives. Drilling is scheduled to continue through the Nambeet Formation to a planned total depth of 4,757 feet.
Olympic 1 is the second well to be drilled as part of the Apache Onshore Holdings farm-out, announced in November 2013. The cost of the well will be fully funded by Apache under the terms of the farm-out agreement. Buru Energy and Mitsubishi Corporation both hold a 25 percent equity interest in the well, with Apache holding the remaining 50 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Mitsubishi more info
- Mitsubishi Heavy Bets on New US Turbomachinery Demand (Feb 17)
- Shell-Led Group Delays Decision On Canada Gas Export Plan (Jul 12)
- Japanese Banks Expand To Ranks of World's Biggest Energy Lenders (Jun 09)
Company: Buru Energy Limited more info
- Buru Updates on Resources Review for Canning Basin's Permit EP 371 in WA (Apr 19)
- Buru Reports Encouraging Testing Ops Results at Ungani Far West 1 Well (Mar 15)
- Buru Updates on Testing Ops on Ungani Far West 1 Well in Canning Basin (Mar 10)