AWE Limited Reaches Total Depth at Australian Waitsia-1 Well
AWE Limited announced Tuesday that the Waitsia-1 appraisal well in the Perth Basin, Western Australia, has reached a total depth of 11,505 feet.
The Holmwood Shale (HS) was intersected at 11,450 feet and total depth was achieved 55 feet into the HS, according to the company. Preparations are now underway to commence a wireline logging program over a number of intervals, including the Dongara and Kingia Sandstones.
Waitsia-1 was spud on May 14, 2015 and was predicted to take approximately six weeks in total to complete. The well is designed to test the gas potential of the Waitsia field, which is located in Australia’s L1/L2 permit.
AWE Limited is the operator of the L1/L2 permit, with a 50 percent interest. Its joint venture partner Origin Energy Resources Limited also holds a 50 percent interest. The Waitsia-1 well is the second of a three well drilling program planned for the Perth Basin in 2015. It will be followed by the Waitsia-2 appraisal well in the second half of this year.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)