Total CEO: Funds for Yamal LNG to be Unblocked by End-2015
PARIS, May 29 (Reuters) – Total's chief executive said on Friday he expected funding for the $27 billion Yamal LNG project it is developing in Russia with Novatek to be made available by lenders before the end of the year.
"It's progressing well. We think we'll get the funds before the end of the year," Patrick Pouyanne told reporters on the sidelines of the French oil major's annual general meeting.
The liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in the Yamal peninsula in Siberia was barred from raising funds in U.S. dollars after the United States imposed sanctions on Russia. Total, Novatek and China's CNPC are now seeking funds in euro, yuan and rouble.
(Reporting by Michel Rose; Editing by Andrew Callus)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Novatek more info
- Russia's Novatek Says Yamal LNG Seen Expanding By 1 Million Tonnes (Oct 17)
- Russia's Novatek Recommends 1H Dividend Of 6.95 rbls Per Share (Aug 25)
- Saipem Seen Getting Work In Novatek's Arctic LNG 2 Project (Jul 24)