AOD Reduces Day Rates for 3 Jackups Working for Saudi Aramco
Mermaid Maritime Public Company Limited (Mermaid, MMT or the Group) disclosed Thursday that its 33.8 percent drilling associate Asia Offshore Drilling Limited (AOD) has reached an agreement with its customer Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) to reduce the operating day rates on the jackups AOD I (400' ILC), AOD II (400' ILC), and AOD III (400' ILC) by 10 percent.
Mermaid’s associate company AOD under the management of Seadrill Limited was awarded a firm 3 year drilling services contract for all of its three jackups AOD I, AOD II and AOD III to provide drilling services to the Saudi Aramco for operations in offshore Saudi Arabia. Commencing 2013 to 2016, the contracts came with options for the customer to extend such contracts for another one year to 2017. The AOD jackups have been operating successfully with utilization rates in excess of 95 percent where in the most recent quarter, AOD jackups achieved an average 99 percent utilization rates.
The operating day rate reductions are effective from April 1 through to March 31, 2016. This will reduce AOD’s backlog by approximately $20 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: Mermaid Maritime Public Co. Ltd. more info
- Thailand's Mermaid Maritime Bags Contracts in Southeast Asia, Middle East (Sep 09)
- AOD Secures Contract Extensions for 2 Jackups with Saudi Aramco to 2019 (Jul 29)
- Thailand's Mermaid Maritime Subsea Services Clinches $5.8M Contract (Jul 14)