Woodside Withdraws from Lake Tanganyika South Block in Tanzania
Australia's oil and gas exploration company Beach Energy Limited reported Wednesday that it has been advised by Woodside Energy (Tanzania) Limited that it has decided not to enter into the next period of the exploration program relating to the Lake Tanganyika South Production Sharing Agreement (LTS PSA) in Tanzania.
Beach has preserved its right to proceed into the next exploration period under the LTS PSA and has notified the Tanzanian regulator of its position in this regard. Beach is currently assessing all options for the Lake Tanganyika South Block.
Following Woodside’s decision, Beach Petroleum (Tanzania) Limited will retain 100 percent of the LTS PSA and remain operator.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)