BG Group, Prosafe Agree New Program for Safe Bristolia Vessel
Offshore accommodation provider Prosafe said Friday that BG Group has agreed to re-phase the Safe Bristolia support vessel's 2015 work program, following repairs to the vessel over the winter.
In October 2014 the Safe Bristolia sustained damaged to lifeboats after experiencing bad weather during work at the Everest field in the UK North Sea. Operations were suspended and the vessel was taken to the Hanøytangen shipyard in Norway for repair work.
Prosafe said that operations at the Everest platform are now scheduled to commence in June 2015 for a firm period of four months. Then, from mid-May 2016 the Safe Bristolia will return to the platform for two months. Prosafe has also granted BG Group two additional 15-day options.
As a result of the re-phased firm period work program, the total value of the contract has been reduced to approximately $40 million, from the $68 million previously agreed, Prosafe added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)