Lundin Petroleum Secures Production License in Northern Caspian Sea

Swedish independent oil company Lundin Petroleum announced Monday that it has secured a production license from Rosnedra for the Morskaya field, located in the Russian part of the Caspian Sea.

The field is estimated to contain gross contingent resources of 157 million barrels of oil equivalent and Lundin’s production license, which is valid until 2035, covers approximately 19 square miles.

Lundin Petroleum President and CEO Ashley Heppenstall commented in a company statement:

“We are very pleased to receive a production license for the Morskaya field and will now work towards putting in place a plan to fully appraise this large discovery situated in the northern Caspian Sea.”

The Morskaya field is owned by LLC Petroresurs. Lundin Petroleum holds a 70 percent shareholding in LLC Petroresurs and Gunvor Group holds the remaining 30 percent.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  Shell to Sell Gabon Onshore Assets for... (Mar 24)
 -  Industry Pros Gather for Offshore Achi... (Mar 24)
 -  Statoil Makes North Sea Oil, Gas Disco... (Mar 24)
 -  Report: Hiring Managers See Salaries S... (Mar 23)
 -  Repsol Chooses Atlas for Onshore, Offs... (Mar 23)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Geologist / Environmental Engineer
Expertise: Environmental Engineer|Geologist
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
United States Houston: Principal II - DES
Expertise: Design Engineer|Drilling Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
Sr Reservoir / Production Engineer - Field Engineering
Expertise: Production Engineering
Location: Platteville, CO
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.56/BBL 0.15%
Light Crude Oil : $47.7/BBL 0.70%
Natural Gas : $3.05/MMBtu 1.32%
Updated in last 24 hours