UK's New Oil, Gas Authority Appoints Key People
Monday saw the appointment of several people to key oil and gas regulatory positions in the UK.
As well as the selection of Conservative politician Amber Rudd MP as the country's UK Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, after last week's General Election, the newly-formed Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) announced the appointment of seven men and women to management roles within its organization.
New directors at the OGA include: Gunther Newcombe as director of exploration and production; Dr Angela Seeney as director of technology and projects; Hedvig Ljungerud as director of policy, performance and economics; and John Ogden as the OGA's chief financial officer.
Newcombe joins OGA from Indonesia, where he was president and CEO of VICO – a joint venture between BP and ENI. He has 35 years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
Seeney has spent most of her career with Royal Dutch Shell, where she acquired extensive global experience in global oil, gas and alternative energy technologies. Ljungerud is an expert in policy and economics, having spent nine years at HM Treasury. Ogden has held a variety of leadership roles both in the public sector in a private business, working at Sony, Hutchison 3G and Ericsson.
As well as appointing its directors, the OGA has also completed three senior managers: Brenda Wyllie as area manager, northern North Sea; Scott Robertson as area manager, central North Sea; and Mick Richardson as exploration and new ventures manager.
The selection of a candidate for a further position – area manager, southern North Sea and Morecambe Bay – will be announced in the coming weeks, the OGA said.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Oil & Gas UK more info
- Shell Submits Brent Decom Plans, Launches Public Consultation (Feb 08)
- UK Operators Moving to Simplify Legal, Commercial Offshore Practices (Dec 13)
- Survey: Collaboration is Crucial for Future Success in North Sea (Dec 05)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)