Spain's Repsol Expects to Close Talisman Acquisition on May 8
MADRID, April 30 (Reuters) – Spanish oil company Repsol expects to close the acquisition of Canadian oil producer Talisman Energy Inc on May 8, it said in a statement to the market regulator on Thursday.
Talisman shareholders voted on Feb. 18 to approve the $8.3 billion offer from Repsol, clearing the way for the Spanish company to acquire Talisman's worldwide operations.
(Reporting by Julien Toyer; Writing by Paul Day; Editing by Sarah White)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)