ASCO Bags Shell's Prelude FLNG Logistics, Supply Base Management Contract
ASCO Group reported Monday that it will manage the operations and maintenance logistics and supply base in Australia for Shell’s floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility, which will be located in the Prelude gas field in the Browse Basin, situated approximately 497 miles (800 kilometers) west of Darwin, Northern Territory.
The contract award marks an important milestone in the development of Shell’s innovative FLNG project, which will produce 5.3 million tons per annum of LNG, LPG and condensate.
The Prelude project’s Darwin Onshore Supply Base is located within the East Arm Logistics Precinct opposite ASCO’s own logistics center, and 1.24 miles (2 kilometers) from the ASCO managed Marine Supply Base at Darwin Port from where equipment and supplies will be loaded onto vessels for the trip to the Prelude facility.
ASCO Australasia CEO, Matt Thomas said ASCO would handle Prelude’s operations and maintenance logistics requirements, including management of Shell’s Darwin Onshore Supply Base, road and airfreight transport of inventory within Australia, and supply vessel support to the facility through the dedicated Darwin Marine Supply Base.
The Prelude project’s Darwin Onshore Supply Base comprises:
- 69,965 square feet (6,500 square meters) of warehouse
- 16,146 square feet (1,500 square meters) of which is climate-controlled storage
- 7.4 acres (3 hectares) of work and storage yards
- office facilities to support base operations
Thomas said ASCO had significant experience working with Shell internationally and would leverage its global knowledge to deliver efficiencies and innovation across the integrated supply chain.
“In a highly cost-conscious environment, suppliers such as ASCO need to deliver innovation and improvements across the entire supply chain,” Thomas said. “The best way to achieve that is by tackling issues and solving problems together.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)
Company: ASCO Group Ltd. more info
- ASCO Secures North Sea Services Contract with Marathon Oil (Jun 17)
- ASCO Group Awarded Services Contract by OMV (Jun 04)
- ASCO Bags Shell's Prelude FLNG Logistics, Supply Base Management Contract (Apr 28)