Cooper Energy Prepares for Production Test at Bunian-3 ST2 Well in Sumatra
Cooper Energy Limited reported Tuesday that the Bunian-3 ST2 development well in the Sukananti KSO, South Sumatra, Indonesia, is being prepared for production testing, having been cased and suspended as a future producer.
A comprehensive suite of cased hole formation evaluation logs has indicated an increase in reservoir thickness of the main target TRM3 sand and that it has been intersected 61 feet (18.5 meters) higher than in the adjacent Bunian-1 oil production well, as illustrated in Table 1 following.
In addition, interpretation suggests potential new oil and gas accumulations in other reservoirs in the Talang Akar Formation, most notably the K1 sand.
It is intended to confirm the fluid types and potential flow rates of the TRM3 and K1 sands through production testing. If the K1 sand flows hydrocarbons to surface then this will be a new pool discovery.
Table 1: Comparison of Bunian-3 ST2 and Bunian-1 main reservoir depths and thickness
- Bunian-3 ST2
- TRM3 Sand: Top Sand Depth (TVDSS*) - minus 4,597 feet (minus 1,401.1 meters); Sand Thickness - 145 square feet (13.5 square meters); Meters updip of Bunian-1 - 61 feet (18.5 meters)
- K1 Sand: Top Sand Depth (TVDSS*) - minus 4,872 feet (minus 1,485 meters); Sand Thickness - 200 square feet (18.6 square meters); Meters updip of Bunian-1 - 49 feet (14.9 meters)
- K1 Sand: Top Sand Depth (TVDSS*) - minus 4,657 feet (minus 1,419.6 meters); Sand Thickness - 30 square feet (2.8 square meters)
- TRM3 Sand: Top Sand Depth (TVDSS*) - minus 4,919 feet (minus 1,499.3 meters); Sand Thickness - 196 square feet (18.2 square meters)
* TVDSS - true vertical depth sub sea
Cooper Energy Managing Director David Maxwell said “the results to date are highly encouraging with respect to the potential size of the main target reservoir and the identification of additional resources.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Cooper Energy Seeks New Buyer for Tangai-Sukananti KSO in Sumatra (Aug 24)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)