Lime Petroleum Acquires 30% Stake in PL544 in Norwegian North Sea
Singapore-listed Rex International Holding Ltd.'s jointly controlled unit Lime Petroleum Norway AS inked an agreement with Lundin Norway AS to acquire a 30 percent stake in license PL544 in the Norwegian North Sea, the firm said Thursday.
On receipt of regulatory approval, the joint venture partners in PL544, located south of the Edvard Grieg field on the Utsira High in the North Sea in water depth of around 328 feet (100 meters), will be Lundin (operator) with a 40 percent interest, while Lime Norway and Bayerngas Norge AS will each hold 30 percent.
Rex revealed that the Fosen prospect in the license is being considered for possible drilling this year.
“We are pleased to be working again with Lundin, a reputed operator. We are excited about the Fosen prospect, as it is located in an area close to existing infrastructure and Rex Virtual Drilling analysis on the prospect is positive. The drilling of the prospect later in the year is in line with our focus on Norway in 2015,” Mans Lidgren, CEO of Rex International Holding, said in a press release.
Lime Norway is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lime Petroleum Plc, a jointly-controlled entity in which the Rex holds a 65 percent indirect stake.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Rex International Holding Limited more info
- Oman's Ministry of Oil & Gas Extends Masirah Oil's Block 50 License to 2020 (Sep 06)
- RIH Sells Partial Stakes in 2 Subsidiaries to Schroder for $9.75M (Jun 07)
- Singapore-listed Rex International Holding Ups Stake in Oman's Masirah Oil (Mar 17)