TGS, Dolphin Agree Barents Sea 3D Seismic Survey
Norwegian seismic surveyor TGS announced Thursday that it has signed a joint venture deal with Dolphin Geophysical to acquire approximately 1,675 square miles of 3D seismic data over the western part of the Hammerfest Basin in the Barents Sea.
TGS said the multi-client survey will provide the industry with broadband data over acreage not previously covered by 3D.
The new survey has been planned using TGS's and Dolphin's existing data as well as geological and geophysical knowledge from the area. The new project links Dolphin's Gotha 3D survey with TGS's Finnmark Platform 3D surveys and will provide seamless data coverage over large areas of the western Barents Sea, TGS said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Dolphin Geophysical AS more info
- Polarcus Wins 3D Seismic Survey Deal (Dec 15)
- Seismic Surveyor Dolphin Files for Bankruptcy due to Oil Price Crash (Dec 14)
- Dolphin Accepts LOA to Undertake 3D Seismic Projects Offshore India (Nov 09)