Carnarvon Confirms Drilling of Roc-1 Well to Proceed as Planned
Carnarvon Petroleum Limited indicated Thursday that the decision by Apache Corporation to sell its Australian subsidiary, Apache Energy Limited, and its Australian oil and gas production and exploration assets to a consortium of private equity funds managed by Macquarie Capital Group Limited and Brookfield Asset Management Inc. for $2.1 billion would not impact on the drilling of the Roc-1 prospect in Permit WA-437-P offshore Western Australia.
"Carnarvon confirms that this transaction does not impact the drilling of the Roc-1 well, which is scheduled to be drilled in the fourth quarter of 2015," the company said in a press release.
The Roc-1 well has a best estimate prospective resource of 42 million barrels of oil, which Carnarvon believes to be a commercially attractive proposition if confirmed, the firm had reported in a separate announcement earlier this week.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Carnarvon Petroleum Limited more info
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)
- Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons (Sep 09)
Company: Finder Exploration Pty Ltd more info
- Finder Sells Entire Acreage Holding Off WA to Quadrant Energy Australia (May 03)
- Planning Underway to Drill Roc-2 Appraisal Well Off WA in 2H 2016 (Mar 17)
- Carnarvon Confirms Condensate Rich Gas Find at Roc-1 Well in Block WA-437-P (Jan 18)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)