Afren Board Agrees on New CEO
Africa-focused oil and gas firm Afren announced Tuesday that its board has agreed in principle to appoint Alan Linn as its new CEO, replacing current head Toby Hayward.
Linn is currently acting as a consultant to Afren. Previously he served as chief executive of Roc Oil.
Linn will be appointed Afren's CEO as soon as interim funding for the firm is completed. Afren said this is expected to occur imminently.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Afren PLC more info
- Lekoil Acquires Afren's Stake in the Ogo Field Offshore Nigeria (Dec 01)
- Oil Producer Afren's Board to Put Company into Administration (Jul 31)
- Afren Requests Suspension of Shares (Jul 15)