ABS Certification Process on FPSO Armada Perdana Delays Oyo-8 Production
CAMAC Energy Inc. (CAMAC or the Company) disclosed Tuesday it has finished completion operations on the Oyo-8 well, located offshore Nigeria, and is now ready to commence oil production.
Oyo-8 is hooked up to the FPSO Armada Perdana owned by Bumi Armada Berhad (Bumi). However, CAMAC has been informed by Bumi that the FPSO is not ready to receive oil production from the well due to class certification inspections of the vessel’s mooring lines being conducted by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS). Bumi estimates these inspections to be completed within two weeks, at which time Oyo-8 will be allowed to produce into the FPSO.
In the meantime, CAMAC is demobilizing the Sedco Express (DW semisub) from the Oyo-8 location and the rig will then mobilize to the Oyo-6 well location to continue its planned Oyo field operations. The Company does not anticipate further changes to the project schedule of the Oyo-7 well as a result of the FPSO inspection delays.
Kase Lawal, chairman and CEO, commented: “The successful well completion operations on Oyo-8 and our readiness to commence oil production are significant milestones for creating long-term shareholder value. The delay in commencing production due to the ABS certification process on the FPSO is very unfortunate; however, we are confident that Bumi is taking all necessary steps to complete the process as quickly as possible.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ABS Expands India Office, Plans To Recruit Technology Staff (Aug 01)
- ABS, Keppel's KOMtech Collaborate on Joint Development Projects (Jun 28)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: CAMAC more info
- ABS Certification Process on FPSO Armada Perdana Delays Oyo-8 Production (Apr 01)
- BGP Completes 2D Seismic Survey in Kenya's Blocks L-1B, L-16 (Feb 11)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)
Company: Bumi Armada Berhad more info
- Bumi Armada to Pay $85M in Reimbursement, Liquidated Damages for FPSO (Sep 16)
- Bumi Armada Berhad Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (Sep 09)
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)