Petrobras Sells its Austral Basin Assets in Argentina to CGC for $101M
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) announced Tuesday that the Board of Directors of Petrobras Argentina (PESA) has approved the disposal of all of its assets located in the Austral Basin, in the Santa Cruz province, for $101 million to Compania General de Combustibles S.A. (CGC).
The PESA assets that are part of the deal include 26 onshore exploration production concessions, with an average production of 15,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, as well as the entire infrastructure required for distribution, treatment and storage.
This is the first disposal of a Petrobras asset under the 2015-2016 Divestment Plan which expects to sell $13.7 billion, as released to the market March 2.
The payment was made at the moment of the signature of the contract, and therefore this sale will be accounted in the first quarter 2015 results, with an estimated impact of $65 million in net income.
The conclusion of the transaction is subject to the approval of the responsible entities in Argentina.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Compania General de Combustibles more info
- Argentina's CGC Says Strikes New Natgas Deposit in Patagonia (Sep 30)
- Petrobras Sells its Austral Basin Assets in Argentina to CGC for $101M (Apr 01)