Total's Divestments in 3 Onshore Blocks in Nigeria Reaches $1B
Total's recent divestment of its interests in three onshore Oil Mining Leases (OML) in Nigeria, inlcuding OML 18 and OML 24, crossed $1 billion Monday after the French major completed the sale of its stake in OML 29 to local firm Aiteo Eastern E&P for $569 million.
“The sale of these non-operated onshore blocks in Nigeria is yet another example of our strategy of dynamic portfolio management, achieved at attractive valuations,” Total's chief financial officer Patrick de La Chevardiere said in a press release.
“These transactions also reduce our exposure to non-operated blocks onshore Nigeria, and allow us to focus on our core, operated developments, such as the Egina project.”
Total has divested its interests in 11 onshore blocks to Nigerian companies since 2010 in accordance with the Nigerian government’s objective of developing Nigerian companies in the sector.
Total has a 10 percent stake in several onshore blocks in Nigeria via the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Joint Venture alongside the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (55 percent), SPDC (30 percent, operator) and Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (5 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Nigerian National Petroleum Corp. (NNPC) more info
- Nigeria's State Oil Company Signs Deals With Chevron, Shell (Aug 03)
- Nigeria To Continue Oil Exploration In Lake Chad Basin Despite Kidnapping (Jul 31)
- Nigeria Says Has Rescued Oil Firm Staff Kidnapped By Suspected Boko Haram (Jul 26)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)