Yokogawa to Supply Control & Safety System for Petronas' PFLNG2 Facility
Japan's Yokogawa Electric Corporation announced Wednesday that its affiliate, Yokogawa Kontrol (Malaysia), has received an order from a consortium comprising JGC Corporation (Japan) and Samsung Heavy Industries (South Korea) that will supply control systems and safety instrumented systems for Petronas' second floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility, PFLNG2.
Under the terms of the contract, Yokogawa Kontrol (Malaysia) will deliver an integrated control & safety system (ICSS) for the monitoring and control of the liquefaction facilities and storage tanks on PFLNG2. The ICSS will consist of a Yokogawa CENTUM VP integrated production control system, a ProSafe-RS safety instrumented system, a Plant Resource Manager (PRM) package, a plant information management system, and other components. Yokogawa Kontrol will also be responsible for engineering, and the support of installation, commissioning, and training.
The PFLNG2 facility will be moored offshore of Sabah, Malaysia, and is designed to produce 1.5 million tons of LNG a year, with production scheduled to start in early 2018.
An FLNG facility is a new type of LNG plant that performs all operations at sea, starting with the routing of natural gas from offshore gas fields and including the refining, liquefaction, storage, and transfer of this resource onto LNG carriers. FLNG is attractive because the technology does not require the acquisition of land or laying of pipelines, making it suitable for small to medium-sized offshore gas fields that are deemed economically unfeasible to develop.
Since its establishment in Malaysia in 1989, Yokogawa Kontrol (Malaysia) has developed a solid global track record and extensive know-how of LNG processing plants, LNG carriers, FPSO vessels, and other types of offshore facilities. It has delivered numerous control systems to Petronas production facilities.
In 2013, Yokogawa set up an organization that is dedicated to the growing marine resource business, as part of its efforts to expand its control business in this sector and offer the latest technology solutions to its customers.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
- JERA's New LNG Contract With Petronas Foretells Smaller, Shorter Deals (Oct 25)
- PFI: Petronas, Aramco Seeking $8B For Malaysian Project (Oct 25)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: JGC more info
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- JGC Clinches $240M EPC Contract to Build Gas Processing Plant in Aceh (Apr 01)
- PETRONAS FLNG2 Reaches Milestone with Keel Laying at SHI's Shipyard (Nov 09)
Company: Yokogawa Electric Corporation more info
- Yokogawa, Shell Develop Next-Gen Platform for Advanced Control & Estimation (Jun 05)
- Yokogawa to Supply Control & Safety System for Petronas' PFLNG2 Facility (Mar 26)
- Yokogawa to Supply Control, Safety Systems for Yamal LNG Project (Jan 09)