Shell, Statoil, Petronas Gain Exploration Blocks in Indonesia Bid Round
Royal Dutch Shell plc, Norway's Statoil ASA, Malaysia's Petronas Carigali and Indonesia's state-owned oil company PT Pertamina were successful in the latest bidding round for 11 conventional and unconventional oil and gas exploration blocks in Indonesia, the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources said in a press release Wednesday.
The onshore and offshore concessions were offered by the government as part of the country's move to boost exploration and production activities in Indonesia and reverse the trend of declining oil and natural gas production in recent years.
According to the government, the successful bidders for oil and gas exploration blocks available under the Direct Offer round are:
- Kualakurun (Onshore Central Kalimantan): PT Petcon Resources-Petronas Carigali International BV
- Garung (Onshore Central Kalimantan): PT Mentari Abdi Pertiwi
- Pulau Moa Selatan (Offshore Maluku): Shell Exploration Company B.V.
- Southeast Papua (Onshore Papua): PT Gema Terra-Transform Exploration Pte Ltd.
- Abar (Offshore North West Java): PT Pertamima (Persero)
- Anggursi (Offshore North West Java): PT Pertamina (Persero)
The firms have three years to complete exploration in the blocks, covering geological and geophysical (G&G) work, 2D seismic survey and the drilling of two exploration wells. Total exploration commitment for these blocks amounts to $36.325 million and the government will collect $6 million in signature bonus.
Indonesia also awarded two exploration blocks through a regular tender. Petronas Carigali International E&P BV won the first block at North Madura II located in offshore East Java, while the second -- Aru Trough I in offshore Aru in eastern Indonesia -- was awarded to Statoil ASA.
Exploration commitments -- covering G&G work, 2D seismic survey and drilling of 3 exploration wells -- for the two offshore blocks from Petronas Carigali and Statoil totaled $70.9 million. Indonesia will receive $3 million in signature bonus.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Pertamina more info
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Saudi Aramco Reaffirms Commitment to Pertamina JV as CEOs Meet (Jul 07)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Delay Some Refinery Projects Over Financing (Jun 06)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)